March 2022 Programs Scheduled
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: MARCH 1, 2022
RAILROAD MUSEUM OF PENNSYLVANIA SCHEDULES MARCH PROGRAMS
Strasburg, Lancaster County, PA — The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania has announced its program lineup for March, including:
- Sensory Hours: Tuesday, March 8, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Children and other community members with special sensory needs comfortably experience the Museum with its reduced lighting and sounds and a low attendance. A few of the historic trains will be open, with Museum staff available to answer questions. Learn more and register on Eventbrite.
- Reading On The Rails: Saturday, March 12, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You’re right on track for reading and railroading as seven special guest readers share stories about trains, railroads and other amazing people, places and things during this family-friendly event. Kids receive their very own “suitcase” and use it to travel from story to story throughout the day. Meet teams from KPETS (Keystone Enhanced Pet Therapy Services) and Catcher, the Museum mascot. An American Sign Language interpreter also will be on hand. Program flyer is available on the Museum’s website at RRMuseumPA.org.
- Railroading Merit Badge Workshop: Saturday, March 19, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Boys and girls, ages 11 to 17, earn the merit badge in railroading, working with historic artifacts and model trains during this on-site workshop. The Museum is the perfect setting for railroad-themed activities including tours, demonstrations and a G-scale model railroad simulation. All requirements are fulfilled in a single day. Learn more and register on Eventbrite.
- Sensory Hours: Tuesday, March 22. 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Learn more and register on Eventbrite.
Some other upcoming events at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania include:
- Rails & Ales: Saturday, April 9, 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Something special is on tap. You and your 21-and-over friends, family and neighbors sample unique craft beer of all types from a variety of breweries, all while you are surrounded by the massive, historic trains in the Museum’s Rolling Stock Hall. Food from vendors will be available for purchase. VIP tickets are sold out. Buy tickets at RailsandAles.org.
- Colorado Rockies Ramble: September 13-September 20. Experience a Rocky Mountain high on this customized Ramble in Colorado. Highlights include train rides on the Pikes Peak Cog Railway, Royal Gorge Route Railroad, Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad and Durango & Silverton Railroad, and visits to the Colorado Model Railroad Museum, the Garden of the Gods, the Colorado Railroad Museum, Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park. Ask about availability for a two-day extension on board the Rocky Mountaineer luxury train. Ramble brochure is available on the Museum’s website at RRMuseumPA.org .
- Blue Ridge Ramble: Wednesday, October 5-Saturday, October 8. It’s almost heaven on this customized Ramble through the mountains of Maryland and West Virginia. Highlights include train rides on the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad, the Cass Scenic Railroad, the Durbin Rocket and the New Tygart Flyer, and visits to the Green Bank Radio Astronomy Observatory and the West Virginia Railroad Museum. Ramble brochure is available on the Museum’s website at RRMuseumPA.org.
Additional programs are being planned for 2022.
The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is home to a world-class collection of about 100 historic locomotives and railroad cars, an immersive education center, a vast research library and archives, a working restoration shop, unique special events and exhibits and a museum store.
A Smithsonian Affiliate, the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is one of 24 historic sites and museums administered by the Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission as part of the Pennsylvania Trails of History®, with the active support of the nonprofit Friends of the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania. Visit RRMuseumPA.org or call (717) 687-8628.
Press Contact: Deborah Reddig, (717) 687-8628, ext 3007, email@example.com