Ages 12-18 • 6-15 participants per program • 7.5 Hours
The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is the perfect setting for boys and girls involved in scouting to earn badges in railroading, working with historic artifacts and model trains. Workshops are held on Saturdays, except holidays and special-event weekends. All requirements are fulfilled in a single day. (Arrangements can also be made to ride the Strasburg Rail Road. Fees for the train ride are separate from Railroading Badge fee with the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania. You must make arrangements on your own to schedule a ride. The train does not run January through mid-February.)
Most classes are booked in advance by troop on Saturdays (no holidays or museum special-events days). Classes require a strict minimum of six scouts and a maximum of fifteen scouts. Troops may be combined. A $50 deposit is required at least one week prior to the class. The balance is due on the date of the visit.
We also offer two Saturday workshops per year (one in May and one in October) that are open to participants who register in advance. Full payment is required with your reservation. Space is limited to a maximum of fifteen scouts. Scouts must be accompanied by an adult. Download Brochure & Registration Form (pdf)
When You Call:
• Preferred date of your visit, as well as 2-3 alternate dates
• Number of students and chaperones (Be aware of our group size limits for each program you choose.)
• Age or grade level and any special needs of students
• Time of arrival
• Length of time allowed for your visit
• Program(s) of choice
• Do you have reservations to ride on the Strasburg Rail Road or visits with other area attractions?
• Prices in this guide are subject to change.
• A minimum of 10 paying visitors is required to qualify for group discounts (Groups may be combined).
• Museum membership does not apply to group education programs.
• We require at least one adult chaperone for every ten students at all times.
• Every effort is made to adhere to the schedule, so please arrive on time. If your group is more than 30 minutes late, we reserve the right to cancel the program, offering a self-guided option instead.
• Leave enough time for restroom breaks, as well as visits to the Whistle Stop Shop, our museum store.
• Reservations cannot be made on days when the Museum is closed. See “Hours of Operation” for details.